This product is subject to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State in accordance with the International Traffic in Arms regulations (ITAR) (22CFR 120 through 130). A license or other approval is required to the ITAR prior to any Export or Temporary Import. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
The Command is the most technologically-advanced Thermal Imaging bi-ocular for the sporting, law enforcement, and military markets. The Command is based on the advanced FLIR VOx microbolometer core that is suitable for a variety of uses and missions.
The Command is a solid state, uncooled, long-wave infrared, magnified, dedicated handheld thermal imager intended for day and nighttime missions.
The 24/7 mission capability is only one of the strengths of the Command bi-ocular. The thermal imaging technology also allows you to detect targets by cutting through snow, dust, smoke, fog, haze, and other atmospheric obscurants. Unlike the use of laser targeting or near-infrared illumination to augment night vision equipment, the Command thermal imager is extremely difficult to detect with other devices, as it emits no visible light or RF energy.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Command models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Command models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- High-performance thermal imaging camera
- Lightweight and robust design
- Easy to operate
- Manually adjustable eyepiece and objective lens
- Real-time display
- Special user-adjustable imaging tools
- Current operational state information display
- Wireless remote control
- Analog video input and output
- Powered by two standard CR123A batteries
- Power input capability
- Digital video recorder (optional)
- Serviceability under severe conditions
- Filled with dry nitrogen to prevent internal fogging
- Limited 3-year warranty
- 10-years warranty on FLIR detector
|Refresh Rate||30 Hz|
|Magnification (NTSC/PAL)||1.5x / 1.8x|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Tau 2|
|Pixel Array Format||640×512|
|Pixel Size||17 µm|
|Display Type||AMOLED SVGA 060|
|Pixel Display Format||800x600|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1x, 2x 4x and 8x|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||PAL (768×574 pixels)/ NTSC (640×480 pixels)|
|Video Recording||Optional Digital Video Recorder with SD card slot|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||50 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||14.8° x 11.8°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||14 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||5m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment Range||±5 diopter|
|Battery||Two CR123A 3V Lithium batteries or CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage from 3.0V to 3.7V (2)|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||Up to 4 hr (optional up to 12 hrs)|
|Extended Battery Pack||Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), or four CR123 rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hr)|
|External Power Supply||6 VDC/ 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50°C to +70°C (-58°F to +158°F)|
|Overall Dimensions||270 × 122 × 65 mm (10.6 × 4.8 × 2.6 in)|
|Dimensions (without eyecup and lens cap)||237 × 106 × 65 mm (9.3 × 4.2 × 2.6 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.8 kg (1.8 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR Detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|