The Armasight is proud to introduce the Prometheus Mini Long-wave Infrared Thermal Imaging Monocular, representing the latest evolution in our never-ceasing quest to reduce size and weight, while maximizing power, available features, and functionality. The Prometheus Mini’s remarkably compact size ensures that it can be concealed in a shirt pocket, and its featherweight mass of 230g makes it the lightest thermal imager currently on the market. Equipped with a digital compass and inclinometer, the Prometheus Mini offers the operator the tools necessary to accurately determine distance-to-target and target orientation. Additionally, Armasight’s proprietary hyper-image processing (HIP) code provides the Prometheus Mini with a robust library of software features to tailor images to the operator’s required optimum standards. The wireless remote and Bluetooth© capabilities prevent the Prometheus Mini from becoming obsolete, even as new applications and software hit the market. The Prometheus Mini is designed to meet all the established environmental requirements of MIL-STD-810(G). The Prometheus Mini demonstrates its operational flexibility for all mission applications.
- Special User-Adjustable Imaging Tools
- Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) – a digital “Contrast” correction that allows for a smart scene optimization based on dynamic adjustments where a variety of contrast levels occur depending on relative scene temperature.
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – a “Sharpness” correction that is digitally enhances the picture to present clearer imagery, significantly improves edge sharpening and further reduces image noise.
- Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – a fine-tuning computational correction that significantly improves an overall visual acuity for targets that have thermal signatures similar to a surrounding background.
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) – a “Gain” correction that used to automatically adjust the gain to an appropriate range, the weaker the image signal, the stronger the gain.
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – a “Sky/Sea” enhancement – information based environment dependent algorithm that automatically adjusts camera gain and excludes pixels determined to not contain critical information, specifically helpful in scenes with lots of sky or water.
- User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/FFC). There is a mechanical shutter between the camera sensor and the lens. This shutter is used to perform a non-uniformity correction (NUC) also known as flat-field correction (FFC. During FFC, the shutter presents a uniform temperature source to each detector element in the array. While imaging the flat-field source, the camera updates the offset correction coefficients, resulting in a more uniform image after the process is complete. All Prometheus Mini models allow for user to manually trigger or interrupt scheduled UCMNUC/FFC function.
- Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN) – In addition to user controlled manual NUC/FFC all Prometheus Mini models employ a digital supplemental non-mechanical flat-field correction that allows to extend the periods between mechanical shutter events and to further reduce image noise. SSN is always ON enhancement.
- FLIR Quark 2 17-micron pixel Uncooled VOx Microbolometer
- Fast F 1:1.25 13mm front Germanium lens
- 800 x 600 Organic LED display
- Digital zoom 2X/ 4X Imaging Filter Algorithms:
- Active Contrast Enhancement™ (ACE)
- Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement™ (DDE)
- Smart Scene Optimization™ (SSO)
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC)
- Information-Based Histogram Equalization™ (IBHEQ)
- Silent Shutterless Non-uniformity Correction™ (SSN)
|Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Magnification (NTSC/PAL)||Unity (1x)|
|Objective Lens Type||Germanium|
|Type of Focal Plane Array||FLIR Quark 2|
|Pixel Array Format||336×256|
|Pixel Size||17 μm|
|Display Type||AMOLED SVGA 060|
|Pixel Display Format||800x600|
|Display Brightness||Discretely Adjustable to 8 Levels|
|Turn-on Time, max||3 sec|
|Digital Zoom||1×, 2× and 4×|
|Image Palettes||White Hot, Black Hot, Fusion, Rainbow, Globow, Ironbow 1, Ironbow 2, Sepia, Color 1, Color 2, Ice-Fire, Rain, and OEM Custom|
|Analog Input and Output Format (resolution)||NTSC(640×480 pixels) / PAL (768×574 pixels)|
|Remote Control||Wireless (5-Button)|
|SPECIAL USER-ADJUSTABLE IMAGING TOOLS:|
|Active Contrast Enhancement (ACE) - “CONTRAST”||Yes|
|Second Generation Digital Detail Enhancement (DDE) – “SHARPNESS”||Yes|
|Smart Scene Optimization (SSO) – “SMART SCENE”||Yes|
|Automatic Gain Control (AGC)||Yes|
|Information-Based Histogram Equalization (IBHEQ) – “SKY/SEA”||Yes|
|User-Controlled Manual Non-Uniformity Correction/ Flat-Field Correction (UCMNUC/ FFC)||Yes|
|Silent Shutterless NUC ™ (SSN)||Yes|
|Objective Focal Length||13 mm|
|Field of View (ang.)||25° x 19°|
|Exit Pupil Diameter||5 mm|
|Eye Relief||16 mm|
|Focusing Range||0.25m to inf.|
|Diopter Adjustment||±5 diopter|
|Battery||One CR123A 3V Lithium battery, or CR123 rechargeable battery, or 16650 rechargeable battery with voltage from 3.0V to 3.6V|
|Battery Life at 20 °C (68 °F)||CR123A - up to 1.5 hr
CR123 Rechargeable (650mAh) - up to 1 hr
16650 Rechargeable (2000mAh) - up to 2.6 hr
|Extended Battery Pack||Two 18650 rechargeable batteries (3.7V), or four CR123 type rechargeable batteries with voltage 3.7V max, or four standard CR123A 3V Lithium batteries (operational time up to 8 hrs)|
|External Power Supply||6V-12VDC / 600mА|
|Operating Temperature||-40°C to +50°C (-40°F to +122°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-50°C to +70°C (-58°F to +158°F)|
|Impact loading||700 g|
|Environmental Rating||Water and Fog-Resistant|
|Overall Dimensions||100 × 63 × 40 mm (3.94 × 2.48 × 1.57 in)|
|Weight (w/o Batteries)||0.23 kg (0.51 lbs)|
|Warranty on FLIR detector||10 Years|
|* All data subject to change without notice.|